There’s no question that pets enrich our lives. It’s wonderful to see a faithful dog wagging his tail in excitement when you walk in the door, or to cuddle with a soft bundle of fur while you binge-watch your favorite TV shows. Still, owning a pet is not all fun and games. They are expensive, require extra care and make our homes messy.
One constant worry is pet hair, which might inspire you to start looking into the newest pet hair vacuums in St. Louis, MO to solve the problem. Still, there’s lots you can do to cut down on pet hair in your home:
- Keep your friend more contained: You don’t need to kennel your animal all day to prevent pet fur from floating around your spaces. Instead, help your pet and yourself by making sure you offer lots of comfortable spots in your favorite rooms so they can curl up in dedicated spaces. This will keep the pets happy while cutting back on your cleaning.
- Use throw rugs well: Pet hair sticks easily to rugs or carpets, but you can actually turn this annoyance into something that will aid your cleaning routine. If you put throw rugs throughout your home in places that your animals enjoy, they can “catch” the extra fur and help to target your cleaning and vacuuming.
- Invest in a washable slip cover: If you like cuddling on the couch with your favorite pet, you can do so without fearing that your couch will become upholstered in fur. You’ll just need to spend a bit of money to purchase a washable slip cover. If you want something that will last forever, buy a good brand that you can easily wash and that looks great. However, if you want to save a bit, you can also buy a larger blanket or sheet to act as a slipcover, and then just tuck it away when company comes over.
- Groom your pet regularly: One of the best and most cost-efficient ways to cut down on pet hair accumulation is to prevent it from spreading by regularly grooming your pet. Simply brushing every day is one way to ensure the hair gets into the garbage can and not around your home.
- Use the right vacuum: Not all vacuums are created equally, and some do a poor job of picking up your pet’s fur. Thankfully, there are lots of options for brands that cater directly to pet owners and are designed to suck up fur without it getting tangled.
If you feel puzzled over all the available vacuum cleaners in St. Louis, MO, it’s time to talk with someone who understands all the options. Look no further than Fenton Sew & Vac, which has been in the vacuum business since 1973.
For over 40 years, Fenton Sew & Vac has offered a huge variety of vacuums to the local community. On top of this, we also offer sewing machines and supplies, and do repairs on nearly every make and model. Stop by today to learn more!
This post was written by Writer