Batting is an essential component if you’re creating a quilt for winter use. Batting provides insulation and volume to quilts. If you’re hoping to create a beautiful quilt ideally suited for practical winter use, you’ll need to incorporate lots of batting.
Visiting a store specializing in the sale of quilting supplies in St. Louis, MO is the best way to find batting that suits your needs. Many quilting stores sell a wide variety of quality batting materials. Visiting a store with knowledgeable quilting professionals can help you determine which type of batting (and what amount of batting) is right for you and your project.
Fenton Sew and Vac is a trusted provider of batting and general quilting supplies in St. Louis, MO, and we offer the following batting options:
- Quilters Dream: This high-quality batting is manufactured using state-of-the-art industry techniques and the best possible fibers. Quilters Dream batting is an ideal selection for many quilters hoping to create effortlessly fluffy winter projects.
- Dream Angel: Dream Angel batting is specially designed to be ultra-safe. It is flame-retardant, and won’t melt when it comes into contact with high levels of heat. This means that Dream Angel batting is ideally suited for use in baby quilts and other sensitive projects.
- The Warm Company: The Warm Company’s batting is made from American-produced natural cotton. Warm Company batting is comfortable, safe, warm and made in the scenic Pacific Northwest!
- Wrap-N-Zap: Batting made by Wrap-N-Zap is made from naturally produced cotton. It’s microwave-safe, and designed to trap heat and moisture when used in the microwave. It can be used for potato bags, casserole warmers and more.
Determining the right kind of batting to use in your next quilting project can be a challenge. Try following these tips to identify which batting is right for you:
- Determine your budget: Quilt batting can vary drastically in price depending on the type of fiber and the brand that you’re hoping to use. Before you begin looking for batting that suits the needs of your project, determine just how much you’re willing to spend.
- Select your fiber type: Cotton, wool and polyester are all excellent batting solutions, depending on your needs. Cotton is a very versatile substance. Wool, on the other hand, is likely to be substantially warmer.
- Gauge your desired loft: The loft outlines how much fluffiness your batting has. If you want a quilt with lots of volume, you’ll be needing to find a batting type that has lots of loft. This is largely a matter of personal preference.
Fenton Sew & Vac is a provider of quilting supplies in St. Louis, MO specializing in the sale of high-quality items like batting and fabric. We even have batting sizes large enough to create king-sized quilts. You can rely on our friendly, knowledgeable associates to provide you with batting and fabrics that meet your needs. Reach out to one of our professional representatives or pay a visit to our centrally located store to learn more about our fully stocked inventory.
Categorised in: Quilting Supplies
This post was written by Writer