There are few times of the year better suited for quilting than the holidays. Cotton makes an excellent choice of material to use during the winter season, because it is both breathable and exceptionally warm.
If you’re looking for quilting fabric in St. Louis, MO, it’s important to understand all of the different types of materials that are currently available to use in your area. Shopping at a fully stocked quilting supply store is the best way to ensure that you’re using high-quality, premium quilting materials.
Here are just some of the types of cotton quilting fabric offered at Fenton Sew & Vac, a premier provider of quilting materials in the greater St. Louis, MO area:
- Blank fabrics: Using Blank fabrics, you can truly let your creativity soar. Regardless of the pattern or type of project that you’re pursuing, Blank fabrics offer a versatile means of creating a unique and beautiful fabric creation.
- Timeless Treasures: If you’re looking for vibrant novelty fabrics that can make your creations truly shine, look no further than Timeless Treasures. This distinctive brand offers a number of inventive patterns that are both attractive and exciting.
- Robert Kaufman: Robert Kaufman’s designer patterns are unique and beautiful. Robert Kaufman patterns range from elegant and understated to creative and flamboyant. These fabrics are known for their high quality.
Winter quilting projects
There are a number of exciting winter quilting projects that you can pursue using high-quality cotton quilting fabric in St. Louis, MO, including:
- Winter quilts: Of course, one of the most rewarding quilting projects that you can pursue in the wintertime is creating a winter quilt. Winter quilt patterns often include chilly, deep colors, like icy blues, crisp whites and dark evergreens. Winter quilts may include holiday-related imagery, or evoke a wintry scene, like snow-covered treetops.
- Hand warmers: Using leftover quilting scraps, you can create beautiful and practical hand warmers that are every bit as quirky as they are functional. There is no shortage of ways that you can make the most of your leftover quilting supplies—these hand warmers make for excellent gifts, and are also ideal for your own use.
- Place mats: If you’re hosting this year’s holiday gathering, you should consider making customized place mats out of quilting fabric. You can wow your guests and show off your sowing prowess by creating these endlessly practical and effortlessly charming customized items. Be sure to incorporate lots of festive touches when designing or choosing your pattern.
Since 1973, Fenton Sew & Vac has been a trusted provider of quilting fabric in St. Louis, MO. We’re proud to offer quality materials and equipment to each and every one of our customers. Our talented team members will help you identify and select the quilting fabric that suits the unique needs of your project. To learn more about the different types of quilting materials that we currently have in stock, or for more information about the brands we carry, visit our store or reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: Quilting Fabrics
This post was written by Writer