Metallic thread is becoming a more popular choice among sewing enthusiasts for its eye-catching qualities. People love it for certain projects that call for a little pizzazz. It can also make a great addition to other designs, adding just the right touch. Using metallic thread may be a bit different than what you’re used to, but with a little practice you’ll get the hang of it.
If you’re in the market for an embroidery machine in St. Louis, MO, there are plenty of options out there. But there’s a reason customers have trusted Fenton Sew and Vac for more than four decades—it’s because our name-brand products are backed by outstanding customer service. We can even help you adjust to using metallic thread in your embroidery machine. Let’s look at some easy tips and tricks you can learn right now:
- Find the right needle: Not every needle will work well with metallic thread. Needles will be specially marked as being appropriate for metallic or metafil threads. These needles include larger eyes and will prevent fraying on threads.
- Keep it slow: If you reduce your stitching speed, this will make it easier to utilize fragile threads. It will also help lower your likelihood of making mistakes or having to deal with broken thread.
- Don’t buy cheap thread: Higher-quality thread is going to make a real difference. Many people prefer metallic thread that includes a polyester core. If the thread frays easily, that’s a bad sign. Feel the spool and see how rough it is to get an idea of the quality of the thread.
- Invest in a vertical spool holder: This will add a bit of tension to the thread as it reels to keep it straight. This will reduce incidents of thread breakage. With a larger stand, positioning the spool holder at an angle is a smart idea.
- Add thread nets: This will assist in preventing the thread from unspooling too fast. Don’t know how to properly use a thread net? Just ask a sewing expert at your local store!
When you’re searching for a high-quality embroidery machine in St. Louis, MO, there’s only one place to trust: Fenton Sew and Vac. Since 1973, Fenton Sew and Vac has been a premier provider of vacuum cleaners, janitorial supplies and sewing machines in the region, and our experts have the knowledge and experience to assist with any question you may have. We have everything to meet your sewing needs, from sewing equipment to supplies and classes for all levels. Our store also carries exactly what you need to enjoy your favorite hobby.
We have a team of experienced and friendly staff that goes the extra mile for all our customers. Whether you’re looking for excellent refurbished equipment, embroidery supplies or gorgeous fabrics, we’re the place to go. We’re also proud to carry leading brand-name sewing machines and vacuums. Visit our shop or call us today to learn more about how we can help you. We look forward to assisting you soon!
Categorised in: Embroidery Machine
This post was written by Writer